So I got this idea from another teacher in my district to have the students work in groups to create their own board games. They would write about 20 questions per group for their games. But me, being the technology minded person I am, had another idea! I figured I'd have them create their own Jeopardy game using this online template I found (www.jeopardylabs.com). Students worked all class creating problems to fit into the five categories I gave them (Place Value, Decimals (add/subtract), Rounding, Multiplication Division). I also gave them examples of what I wanted their word problems to look like from each category.
The writing of problems was taking longer than I expected, so I decided instead of having each group create a Jeopardy Game, I would instead have each CLASS create a jeopardy game together from the questions they've been writing. A best-of-the-best questions game. So I picked the top questions and had each group get on a different computer and type in their questions into the Jeopardy Template.
WELL, what I didn't realize (until the end of that day) was that when one group would hit save for their questions, it would overwrite what the other groups were doing on the other computers. So at the end of the day, we had some jacked up Jeopardy games.
I was so frustrated by my mistake, that I created a Jeopardy game and each class played my jeopardy game during their class (in teams) to review for our CBA. It went well. Instead of having them show their work on paper I gave them dry-erase markers and let them do the work on their tables! It was way more fun to them instead of paper work.
Today we took the CBA over Multiplication/Division. It did not go as well I had hoped, and I have my work cut out for me next week!!