Thursday, December 12, 2013

Sparkup Reader - One of My New Favorite Devices

Recently I got the opportunity to play with an exciting new toy called the Sparkup Reader!  As soon as I heard about this device I knew I had to get my hands on it to play with it.  I’m not even a reading teacher and I absolutely love this little device.  Now, it’s not perfect, but it’s awesome!

So what is the Sparkup Reader?  Well essentially what it does it with the touch of one button you can record yourself reading ANY book, and then the Sparkup Reader will read the book back to a child.  But the cool part is that the Sparkup knows exactly what page the child is looking at!  And so if a child is flipping pages out of order, the reader will still read the page that the child is looking at!!

I took the device to school and played with it.  My students picked it up really easily and so did some other teachers I let play with it.





There is great potential to this device and the battery lasts quite a while too!  The only major downside is that currently there is no headphone jack!  That makes it a big disappointment for the classroom.  Supposedly the next version is going to have a headphone jack, so that is definitely something to look forward to! But if you’ve got young children this is a must have gift.  You can have grandparents, or any relative, record themselves reading any picture book you want with the Sparkup Reader!! Just imagine the possibilities.  If you’re looking for a great holiday gift, I highly recommend this device!

You can check out more and even order one by clicking here

1 comment:

  1. I have bookmarked your website because this site contains valuable information in it. I am really happy with articles quality and presentation. Thanks a lot for keeping great stuff. I am very much thankful for this site. Wikipedia

    ReplyDelete