Saturday, September 12, 2015

Be One ft. @NatalieGrant #BeOne

If you know much about me, you know I love music.  Always have.  One of my favorite vocalists is Natalie Grant.  I feel like I've grown up with her.  I still remember attending a KSBJ Brown Bag (free) concert at a Chik-Fil-A when she was just releasing her debut album and being in awe.  And then over the years after attending 3 or 4 other concerts with her.



Well, Natalie just released a brand new song called "Be One".  With all the doubt and insecurities I've been feeling over the past few weeks as a new school year has started up and so have the trials, this song came at a perfect time.

One of my favorite lines is, "we pray but never move, we say but never do.  It's time to get our hands dirty".  When I heard that line it hit me like a ton of bricks.  How often do we sit there and pray for something better to happen, for our problems to dissolve.  But then we wait.  We wait for God to do all the heavy lifting.  We have to make sure that we are doing something as well.  We can't talk about being kind to others, but never follow through.  We can't pray for solutions, and then sit around.  We have to do the work too.

We have to get our hands dirty.  We have to stand up and do something.

"Be love there's a whole lot of hurting" was another line that I loved.  Everyone is fighting some kind of battle. Everyone is in some kind of pain.  We can so often get so caught up in our own that we forget.  But I have to make it a daily decision to have my choices reflect love, because I don't want to be someone who is adding more hurting to the world.  And I'm not perfect, and I make painful mistakes every day.  But I try to continually keep those words at the forefront of my mind.  Be love, there's a whole lot of hurting.

And finally the words, "why sit around and wait for a miracle to come, when we can be one".  Wow.  Could that be any more true?

We have the ability to change lives.  We have to opportunity to be a miracle in someone else's life.  I've seen it time and time again as an educator.  Every day is another amazing chance to change someone's world.  We can't miss our opportunity.

It's our time to stand up.  To spread love.  To not wait for a miracle, but to be one. #BeOne

No comments:

Post a Comment